POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser _ Take 6 : Re: Making clothes in Poser _ Take 6 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser _ Take 6
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Jun 2007 05:57:12
Message: <kjdf73d0ithrjf2e93vt72lu2c75oc6sm8@4ax.com>
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:16:48 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>Coming back from the mill, I guess....  :-)
>You can interpret this as stains or as fading of the dyes, I suppose.
>Making tears or holes in the cloth should involve a pigment_pattern with a
>transparancy map. However, the tricky thing would be to have all that
>positioned conveniently. Not impossible, but would need some trial and
>error... I shall leave that for later. I am looking into furs now. I think I
>shall have a closer look at Tim Nikias' surcoat macros which should do the
>trick maybe...

Yes that looks as if it's been a hard day at the mill :-)
I'll be interested to see how you get on with furs. I don't know if you've seen
MASA's web site "POSER++"? He has a utility FurFur which uses the hair generator
as a basis for fur. It is unfortunately Poser 4 but his animation program worked
in Poser 5 and 6. One of those things I've not found time to try. BTW is that
Poser 7 dynamic hair?

http://www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~masasi/Service/indexE.html

Regards
	Stephen